Over the last two decades, Kentuckian Ben Sollee has distinguished himself as multi-faceted creative, blurring the lines between music, tech, and experiential design. As a cellist,
songwriter, and storyteller he has toured the globe, sometimes by bicycle, performing his original music. As a composer he has created music for stage, screen, and virtual reality apps
earning an Emmy Award for his 2018 score for Base Ballet. As a producer, he has curated hundreds of live events including experiences for the Speed Art Museum and Lincoln Center.
Throughout it all, he has continued to advocate for people and the land by creating and curating experiences that grow a greater sense of togetherness.
Alma Gitana is a world music group in every sense of the word. The group’s core sound is deeply rooted in the flamenco sounds of the Andalucia region of Southern Spain. However, each member brings to the table his or her own musical background and experience. The result is a truly unique hybrid of musical genres that spans the spectrum from Arabic to Bluegrass. In this respect, the group’s name, which means “Gypsy Soul” in Spanish, fully embodies the collective vision and artistic efforts of each of its personnel. Remember, you don’t have to be a Gypsy to have a Gypsy soul!
Based in Lexington, Kentucky, Rakadu came together in October of 1998 under the direction of Teresa Tomb. Now, after more than 20 years, the troupe has expanded its repertoire to include other forms of dance and music through various teachers and theater techniques. Today, Rakadu Gypsy is best known for its rich musical diversity, highly explorative utilization of theater, and seamless improvisation. These qualities weave beautiful storylines in their pieces, which all exist in a unique presentation for consideration.
•These are seated, outdoor events being held in the Oleika Temple Great Lawn - 302 Southland Drive.
• Each event will take place on the 4th Sunday the months of April-September .
• All reservations are issued by
pods - 8 Guests per pod.
• Reservations are for one event at a time.
• Please bring your own chairs/blanket.
• Spaces will be first come first serve - general admission.
• Please respect others Guests' space, while up and moving.
• Seating begins at 5PM , Music at 6:00pm
• Personal coolers permitted (no outside alcohol).
• Restrooms and sanitizing materials available.
• All-ages event
• These are pet friendly events - all pets must be on a leash
• Seek parking along Southland Drive corridor; Please respect shops & residents.
•Estos son eventos sentados al aire libre celebrado en el Oleika Temple Great Lawn - 302 Southland Drive
• Cada evento tendrá lugar el cuarto domingo durante los meses de Abril a Septiembre
• Todas las reservas son emitidas por grupos: 8 invitados por grupo.
• Las reservaciones son para un evento a la vez.
• Por favor traiga sus propias sillas/cobija.
• Los espacios serán de primer servicio y hay una cantidad limitada disponible para los requisitos de espacio adecuados.
• Respete el espacio de los demás Huéspedes mientras se mueve.
• Puedes entrar a partir de las 5PM, la música comienza a las 6:00 p.m.
• Se permiten hieleras. (sin alcohol)
• Los baños estarán disponibles con materiales de desinfección.
• Estos eventos son para todas las edades.
• Estos son eventos que admiten mascotas: todas las mascotas deben estar atadas
• Busque estacionamiento a lo largo de Southland Drive; Por favor, respete las tiendas y los residentes.